FC Lausanne-Sport is a Swiss football club from Lausanne, capital of the canton of Vaud, founded in 1896 under the name Montriond Lausanne. The club adopted its current name in 1920, following the merger of its football section with the Club Hygiénique de Lausanne, a physical education association. Playing in blue and white, the team has won seven Swiss championship titles over its history — in 1912, 1932, 1935, 1936, 1944, 1951 and 1965 — and has also lifted the Swiss Cup on nine occasions.
The most distinctive period in the club's history came in the 1960s, when Lausanne-Sport — after installing floodlights at its stadium and shifting most of its matches to evening kick-offs — collected trophy after trophy almost exclusively after dark. It was during this era that the club's players earned the nickname Lords of the Night, and the seventh and final league title, won in 1965, is regarded as the symbolic capstone of this golden period.
For most of the 20th century the club played its home matches at the Stade Olympique de la Pontaise, one of the venues used for the 1954 FIFA World Cup, held in Switzerland. In 2020, Lausanne-Sport moved into the modern Stade de la Tuilière, a UEFA-compliant venue that now serves as the club's training and matchday base.
After its period of dominance in the mid-20th century, the Lausanne club has repeatedly moved between the top flight and Switzerland's second division. A defining feature of Lausanne-Sport's identity remains its strong emphasis on developing young players through its own academy, which has produced numerous footballers who went on to represent both the club and the Swiss national team.